Sunday, May 15, 2011

Presentation Evaluation

I went in the Pan's Labyrinth group on Wednesday 5/11. I think it went pretty well. I talked about the historical setting, which I think went okay. I was really nervous, so I went kind of fast on somethings and I hope everyone could keep up. The main point I wanted to get across was why Del Toro made the film in this time period and what he was trying to comment on. Firstly, it was his anti-fascist movie, I illustrated that when I talked about how the Pale Man and the giant Toad represented fascist in Spain and across the globe. The next thing I think he was trying to comment on were the wars in the Middle East. Even though he is a Latin American director, he lives in the United States, so he would be very familiar with our involvement in the Middle East.

I also put together the entire powerpoint and brought the DVD to show clips from. Other than that, I just generally helped my group members with anything they might need.

Our group, for the most part, worked really well together. We all communicated through emails and kept each other updated. With one exception, I think everyone took the project seriously and I really appreciated that.

All in all I think we did a pretty good job. It was an interesting film to dissect and a good wrap for the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment